Saturday, November 23, 2013

DIY Rabbit Wood Nest Box


Making wood nest boxes for your rabbits is both cheap and easy. I love that I can make these however I want. I actually prefer not having a top on it, my rabbits seem to like it better too. The boards for the side were $1.58 (2 needed) and the peg board was $3.49 and I was able to use the sheet on all three nest boxes that I needed.




Measure your first board. These are for our large New Zealands. 20" on each end.



Then on the other board, you want to measure out 11 1/2" on each end (if your board is big enough, that is.)







Next, measure out your peg board. Make this 20" x 13"

 

Once you get that one cut out you can use it as a template for any others you might need.



This is what you should end up with!





Put each side together and then nail the peg board to the bottom of the box. After each litter we take it off and replace it with a new one. These nest boxes are also easy to clean and bleach and last quite a few litters!


1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! I assume you put them right inside the cage and they snuggle in? I'm working on something more winter-proof than simply the air kennel I have my bunnies in.

    Thanks for the detailed instructions!

    Visiting via the From the Farm Blog Hop!

    Erin
    http://yellowbirchhobbyfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete